DEER RIDGE LOOKOUT
The first lookout constructed here was a gable-roofed cupola cabin in the 1920's. In 1935, a 20' pole tower with L-4 cab replaced it. This in turn was replaced by a 40' pole tower with L-4 cab in 1949. The present 41' treated timber tower with R-6 flat cab, built in 1965, was last used for fire detection in 1982. It is presently on the Recreation Rental program.
Kaniksu National Forest
14 miles northeast of Bonner's Ferry
Boundary County, Idaho
Elevation 4755'
USGS Benchmark TO0901
USGS Benchmark TO0905

Click for larger image
Deer Ridge L.O.
Photo courtesy of Gary Weber