First used about 1924 with a 10' pole platform, a 30' pole tower with 12x12' cab was added in 1928. The present 30' treated timber tower with R-6 flat cab, built in 1964, was used for emergencies into the 1970's. After decades of abandonment, the tower is staffed once again in the summer.
|Flathead National Forest|
|25 miles southeast of Hungry Horse MT|
|Flathead County, Montana|
|USGS Benchmark TM0926|