|CARPENTER MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT|
The summit was first inhabited in 1917, when a rag camp and open-sided firefinder shelter served as the first lookout. The site was destroyed by lightning in 1921. It was not until 1935 that the first permanent structure, the present L-4 cab, was constructed. It saw little use beyond the 1960's and fell into disrepair. The cabin was restored in the 1990's and once again staffed.
|Willamette National Forest|
|7 miles north of McKenzie Bridge|
|Linn County, Oregon|
|USGS Benchmark QE2633|