|MOUNT DEFIANCE LOOKOUT|
Established with a crow's nest and tent about 1925, a 40' pole L-4 tower replaced it about 1934. This was followed by a 41' treated timber L-4 tower in 1952, which was destroyed by a windstorm in 1959. A 41' treated timber R-6 flat cab tower finally replaced the damaged tower in 1962, only to be removed by 1971.
|Mt. Hood National Forest|
|10 miles southwest of Hood River|
|Hood River County, Oregon|
|USGS Benchmark RC2321|