|SOUTH BALDY LOOKOUT|
A log cabin was first built 1/2 mile southeast of the present lookout in 1909, then a log cabin was built in 1915 on the summit. An R-3 cupola cabin was constructed in 1929, replaced by the present 41' treated timber tower with R-6 flat cab in 1960. Staffed during the summer until recently, the tower is on the National Historic Lookout Register. The tower, unstaffed in 2015, was completely surrounded by a forest fire but managed to survive.
|Kaniksu/Colville National Forests|
|17 miles north of Newport|
|Pend Oreille County, Washington|
|USGS Benchmark TO0827|
|USGS Benchmark TO0828|